On the road to the MSM-PM Degree

This is my 10th class in the MSM-Project Management program.

I am looking forward to sharing insights and continued learning with everyone in the course.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My son

  • Michael is in the final phase of his pararescue pipeline training program, the pararescue apprentice course, fondly called PJU.
  • This course culminates a 2 year long training program, courtesy of the United States Air Force.
  • A pararescueman is responsible for providing emergency medical treatment to stabilize and evacuate injured air crew members while evading the enemy.
  • In this photo, his team is practicing attaching a stokes liter to the helicopter.

3 comments:

Darryl said...

Hmmm, what is a "stokes liter"

JeanFrances said...

Hi Daryl,

My son explained it to me but I Googled it and found several pictures. It is essentially a litter that is light weight basket. The patient is harnessed in via straps.

Best-- JFD

Michael Dean said...

A Stokes Litter is basically a steel or titanium basket that is used to evacuate a patient in a horizontal position during a land or water rescue by helicopter.